Join us for a FREE 42 Tournament at McIntyre's! Prizes will be awarded!
We have space for 20 teams, so grab your friend and get ready for a good time!
• Each team will consist of 2 people. Both players must be present during entire tournament. Only original teams may win.
• Games will be played tournament style with two games guaranteed and a consolation winner.
• First team to win 7 marks is the winner and will advance to the next round. Time caps may be called on early rounds with team in the lead advancing.
• To determine who shakes first, all players will draw a domino. Player with highest draw (adding both sides) will take first shake. In the event of a tie, only two players will need to redraw.
• Bid will start with the player to the left of the shaker. Bids will start at 30 and go up to 42 with max bid being 84 (2 marks). Players are only allowed to bid 84 after 42 has been called.
• If a player is forced into a bid (no one has made a bid by the time it gets to the shaker) that player can either place a bid or choose to reshuffle. Only one reshuffle is allowed per shaker.
• Play will start at winning bidder and proceed clockwise. The winning bidder will declare the trump. Players do not have to lead with a trump but must call it before play is started. If no trump is called, the higher end of the first domino played will be considered the trump.
• **“Going-low” or “nil” bids are NOT allowed; however, doubles can be called as trumps and may be called as high or low in their suit, and “follow-me” IS allowed (i.e. there are no trumps).
• All players must follow suit from there (suit is defined as the higher end of the domino) unless a trump is played. Any renege during game (not following suit, playing out of turn) will end the hand immediately and mark goes to opposing team
• Once play has started, it will continue clockwise. The winner of each trick will be awarded 1 point for each trick caught (total of 7 during a game), plus up to 35 points for five count dominoes (0-5, 1-4, 2-3, 5-5, 6-4) that are won during each trick.
• Play will continue until the winning bid is reached OR until a team is set (there are not enough points left for them to make bid). Winning team receives mark for that hand and shake is passed to the left from previous shaker. The winner of each trick, or that round, will take the winning dominoes and gets to start the next round, or trick.
• Winning dominoes will be held by only one of the two team members (regardless of who wins the round) and will remain face-up to all players during game play. When marks are being di (42 or 84), dominoes can be stacked in center of table in 2 rows of 4 will dominoes being placed on top of each other.
• If the hand ends before all dominoes have been played (by set or laydown) all dominoes will be laid down face up so that reneges can be identified