Big E Presents:
the 17th annual ROCK BABY ROCK IT festival
Texas Longest Running Rockabilly Weekender
@ The Continental Club
3700 Main St, Houston, Texas 77002
* Los Johnny Jets reunion with Los Skarnales! Los Johnny Jets hail from Mexico where they recorded for Columbia Records in the 1960s, appearing on tv and in films. They’ve been covered by the Fleshtones and are found on the Los Nuggetz compilation of Rock en Espanol garage cuts. Singer Óscar Álvarez and drummer Raúl Galván will be joined by Raul’s son Felipe Galván’s band Los Skarnales for the first time.
* Rudy Tee Gonzales has been singing since the early fifties and shifted from conjunto to rock and rhythm and blues in 1955 with his band (Rudy and) The Reno Bops. Rudy’s successfully toured America and Mexico throughout the 50s and 60s. Rudy’s recently been seen performing his early hits at the Ponderosa Stomp, and in Austin and San Antonio. He’ll be joined by King Pelican from San Antonio
* The Left Eye Jumpers (Dallas) and Colton Turner (Austin) will also be making their first time appearances at this year’s Rock Baby Rock It.
* Bands making welcome returns to Rock Baby Rock It this year include Rockin' Lloyd Tripp (British rockabilly), El Tomcat y Los Rock n’ Roll Combo (Monterey Mexico), The Octanes (Austin), Luxurious Panthers (Houston), and the aforementioned Los Skarnales (Houston).
* Also enjoy burlesque, vendors, and rockin' DJs.
Thursday July 27th (no cover)
Record Hop at the Pachinko Hut
enter through the Continental Club or Big Top Lounge
10PM – 1AM
Friday July 28th
Los Johnny Jets
Tomcat y Los Rock n’ Roll Combo
Saturday July 29th
Rudy Tee Gonzales & King Pelican
Rockin’ Lloyd Tripp and the Zip Guns
The Left Eye Jumpers
The Luxurious Panthers