Hardy & Nance Studios is pleased to announce our Call for Entries for The Abstract Art Show that coincides with our Third Saturday Open Studios on September 16, 2017 from 5-9 PM. This call for entries is open to all artists in Houston and surrounding areas working in 2D & 3D media.
Abstract art uses a visual language of shape, form, color, and line to create compositions that depart from realistic representation. Figures, places, and things can be abstracted, abstract art can be purely an expression of thoughts or emotions from within an artist, or it can be a combination of these.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT: Art must be submitted no later than September 6 at 11:59 PM to [email protected]
Artists can submit up to 3 pieces via email in jpg format (72 dpi; maximum file size 1 MB) Please use Abstract in subject line and include the following information: Artist’s Name, Phone #, Mailing Address, Email Address, Artwork Title, Date Completed, Medium, Size (including frame), and Price.
ART SHOW FEE: If accepted, there will be an entry fee of $10.00 per work of art due at Drop Off. CASH ONLY. (There is no fee to submit artwork for consideration to the show.)
There is NO commission fee involved and therefore artists are strongly encouraged to attend for the duration of the show and handle all sales transactions. No artwork may be removed from the gallery until the end of the exhibit and artists must advise the sales desk of all sales transactions to ensure the safety and accountability of artwork. If an artist is unable to handle any sales transactions, the sales desk is happy to facilitate the sale on your behalf for a 10% stipend to cover processing & handling fees.
THE IMPORTANT INFO:
• You will be notified of your acceptance via email no later than September 9, 2017.
• All work must be original by the artist, created within (2) years, and not shown at Hardy & Nance before.
• There are no size restrictions for this show.
• All work must be available for purchase.
• All artwork must be «wired» and ready to hang. No sawtooth hangers or loose paper.
• Read rule # 4 again, we will reject your work if not properly prepared for installation.
• All work should be properly labeled on the back with: Artist’s Name, Title, Date, Medium, Size (including frame), Price, Phone # & Email.
• Accepted artwork must be delivered on September 10 (11-2p) or September 11th (5-8p) without exception. Delivery accepted through door G entrance.
• Please send submissions to: [email protected]
no later than September 6, 2017 at 11:59 PM
• Send jpeg files @ 72 dpi; maximum file size 1 MB
• Name images in the following manner before submitting them via email: LastName_FirstName_Title. (Use Underscores to separate)
You will be notified of your acceptance via email no later than September 7, 2017.
• Curator reserves the right not to hang work that isn’t properly wired for hanging as specified above or if it differs significantly from the work that was accepted via image.
• Pick-up of all work: All Artwork must be claimed at the end of the show (September 16 at 9:00 PM).
• Artist working in 3D media will need to supply own pedestal.
We will take every possible care and reasonable means to secure your work, Hardy & Nance Studios strongly recommends that you ensure your own work. H&N will accept no responsibility for loss or damage to your work.